5 Signs That Your Hot Water System Needs Repairing
When you are looking for signs that you need to replace your hot water system, the most uncomfortable and noticeable one is when mid-shower the water all of a sudden runs icy cold, even in the throws of summer it can be a shock to the system.
Your hot water system might give you some warning signs that it needs repairing or replacing, so you can call your local electrician to avoid water damage.
We’ve taken a look at the top 5 signs that you need to call your electrician:
- A hot water system can last anywhere between 5 – 10 years, so if yours is starting to play up and it’s more than five years old, it could be time for a replacement. Call your local electrician, Barry at Sparkies Electrical can assess the damage and give his expert recommendation.
- When your water starts to turn a brownish yellow colour, it could show evidence of corrosion, which means you will need to replace your hot water system. The best way to tell if it is your hot water system is to only turn on the cold tap, and if the water is clear then it does point to a hot water system breakage.
- If your water heater is leaking call your electrician as soon as possible to avoid costly water damage, whilst it’s unlikely it can be fixed we will assess the damage and consult with you on your options.
- If the hot water is luke-warm or starts running cold all of a sudden, the reason could be that you need a new water heating system.
- Not everyone is aware of this, but you need to flush out your hot water system at least annually, if it stops draining it could be broken and might need replacing.
Call Barry from Sparkies Electrical on the Gold Coast, we look at the issue and look for the best solution for you. Our aim is to correctly diagnose your issue and repair the system for you. If your hot water system can’t be repaired, we will be able to install a new system, so you don’t have to have any cold showers.