4 Things you should know if you’re considering getting solar panels
Are you considering putting solar panels on your home?
With so much of the year sunny, it’s no wonder solar panels are so popular with Gold Coast homeowners. For most people, solar is an excellent investment, but there are some things you should consider when doing your research.
- Starting with the basics, kWh is an abbreviation for kilowatt-hour. This is a unit of measurement for electricity to describe how much is being used. A typical Gold Coast home would use between 16 and 20 kWh per day.
- A solar power system comprises of 3 things, the panels, the inverter, and the mounting.
- Solar panels can be monocrystalline polycrystalline. You don’t need to concern yourself too much with the technical details of these types of panels, both suit Australian conditions. The most important thing is to choose the best brand you can afford, one that will last at least 25 years.
- There are 2 types of inverters. A String Inverter, which get mounted on a wall connecting to all the solar panels. A Micro Inverter, which gets attached to the back of each solar panel. String Inverters are the most common types used on homes. The inverters job is to DC electricity from your solar panels to 230V AC electricity that your home uses.
- Orientation and positioning of the panels, panel angle, how many panels you will need, and the size of your inverter are all important and vary according to the size of the home and power requirements. Our experts will help answer all these and any other questions you have about solar.
Talk to us about how we can get your home up and running on solar
Got a question about solar? We’re here to help. We can tell you everything you need to know in one visit. Along with our expertise we’ll give you competitive prices and great service.
Our expert team have more than 30 years’ experience helping Gold Coast residents with all their electrical maintenance installs and repairs as well as, Aircon Installation, and Data Cable Installation. Call us for a free quote. You’ll be glad you did!